Viewing: 1-3 of 3
singularity

singularity - Oct 26, 2007 6:07 am - Hasn't voted

grand becca blanchen from biv de la sasse

Hi,

Im planning to climb this mountain with some others next year, but youre saying it's easy from biv de la sasse.

I am not very experienced so I like to know how difficult it is. Is it comparable with mont gelé and mont brulé? Is rope and ice axe needed?

Grtz Singularity

andrea.it

andrea.it - Oct 26, 2007 12:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: grand becca blanchen from biv de la sasse

Hi,I've sayd the route I did,was the easyest of the mountain.It's clearly more difficult of Mont Brule'.Even if you do the ascent with ski,you have to climb a quite steepy snow flank with the axe,and than climb a ridge of bad quality exposed rocks(II°/II°+).If the ridge will be covered of ice or snow,the difficultyes will be more than II°.It is a mountain not often climbed cause the bad rocks.I suggest you,the best mountains in the area,are:Becca de Chardonney,Becca Rayette,and the Eveque(very nice).
good luck Andrea

singularity

singularity - Oct 28, 2007 8:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: grand becca blanchen from biv de la sasse

Thx for sharing your information

Becca Rayette I will climb this summer, with mont Gelé, mont Avril and Trouma des Boucs. I already read some information about this mountains and they looks very nice and good possible to climb.
If the weather is good I'll stay some time longer and add the Eveque and Becca Chardonney to my route.

Grand becca blanchen is clearly too difficult for me now, maybe later when I'm more experienced...

Grtz Singularity

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'La Sengla/ Gran Becca Blanchen' main page