Laguna de los peces (Sanabria)

Laguna de los peces (Sanabria)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.24232°N / 6.79615°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Long but nice route to climb Peña Trevica. It's the route with most ascend and descent (you must to descent 250 meters of slope in the approach).
Route from SanabriaSlope of the route


Getting There

From León you'll take N-611, N-601, N-630 and finally A-66 always in direction to Benavente. You’ll take the exit #79 to Puerta de Sanabria / Lago de Sanabria. Take direction to San Martín de Castañeda across ZA-104 and Za-103. In the village take the road to Laguna de los Peces.

Slope: 1000m
Time: 4h15’+3h45’ (8h or 8h30’)
Distance: 12.5km + 12.5km (25km)

Route Description

Peña CabritaP.Cabrita
Tera s bridgeTera's bridge
Summit of TrevincaSummit
Peña TrevincaP.Trevinca


You will begin the route in the parking of the Laguna turning to the left (NW) following the blue stakes on the way. The path will win height to reach an immense hill. The top of the small Peña Cabrita (1905m) is on the right. After reaching the highest point of the hill you will find the crossing of trails that would descend to the right to the Laguna (Lake) Cubillas and Laguna de las Yeguas. You’ll turn to left (NE) and after to right (N) to get the path. You’ll descent in an area where’s the path disappear to reach the Arroyo (small river) of Riopedro. You’ll turn now to left following the river to SW to reach the bridge to cross the river Tera near the Embalse (dam) of Vega del Conde (1585m, 2h). There's a free hut in good conditions.
You'll follow the stakes to North across the valley of Tera crossing the small river in some points. Finally you'll see the pyramid peak in front, it's Peña Trevinca with his last 500m of slope. In the bottom of peak you'll walk the path (attention to cairns of stones) to reach the final cone. Generally the people turn before the last cone to right (NE) to walk in horizontal to a little col in the East of the summit turning from there to the top. If you want as well you'll can climb the easy rocky ridge (F) direct to summit.

The return is across the same route, but it exist another option in Vega del Conde following the cairns to SE but it's necessary a knowledge of the area to follow it. Always it's necessary in the return the ascent of slope to reach the hill of Peña Cabrita another time. It's hard in the return of the peak.

Essential Gear

In winter is necessary the use of crampons and ice-axe in the last ramp of the peak.
Map and compass are advisable.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.