Lily Mountain Trail

Lily Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.32000°N / 105.54°W
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Hike/Scramble
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is a short trail that leads you to the rocky summit of Lily Mountain in just under two miles.

Getting There

The trailhead starts from the dirt turn off on the right side of Colorado 7 about a mile north of Lily Lake.

Route Description

The trail can be divided into two sections. The first section goes along the eastern edge of the mountain. It heads north and goes up down through gulches and doesn't gain much net elevation. After a mile the trail arcs south in a large switchback and starts the steep climb towards the summit. The trail switchbacks up the steep northern ridge of the mountain. The trail gets progressively rockier as it gets closer to the summit, and soem light scrambling is required to climb up onto the summit block. Descend by the same way you came up.

Essential Gear

Snowshoes and an ice ax might be required in winter.

External Links

Add External Links text here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.