Lincoln's Throat

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.67582°N / 71.38916°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Trad Climbing, Ice Climbing
Seasons Season: Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.6 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: WI3
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 2
Additional Information Grade: IV
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Talk about an Alpine climb.....this fits the bill.
Is it worth it?
Absolutely! No trail, road traffic or other climbers. Great views all day and you top out above 5000 ft. A great leg work out and a great adventure. This is a remote climb so plan accordingly.

Getting There

From MA, Southern New Hampshire

Take 93 North to Franconia Notch. Park at the trail head parking just after the Basin parking or at the Lafayette Camp Ground. Hike the Old Bridal Path till you are in line with the gully
Bush wack down through thick spruce to the brook. Cross the brook and head up the right drainage. Follow this drainage till you hit the basin then take the right drainage to the summit.

Route Description

As the intro describes, follow the snow, rock ands ice.

How much climbing can I expect to actually get in?
About one pitch of WI3 ice. If you are looking for lots of ice, this is the wrong climb. This climb is about getting away from the crowds and climbing a mountain.

Essential Gear

Small Alpine rack, 3 screws, 2-3 medium size SLCD's, rope, etc...
Or if your skills allow, just your ice tools and crampons.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.