London Mountain: Fall is in the Air

London Mountain: Fall is in the Air

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery

London Mountain in Early Fall

Fall is already in the air. With the last sighs of August come the first cool breaths of Autumn. The Upper Mosquito Creek Basin is already ablaze in the colors of early Fall. An ascent of London Mountain via the West Rige provides a fine, front-row seat to this early autumn splendor.

London Mountain sits somewhat alone, seperating the Mosquito Creek Basin to the east and northeast from American Flats and the South Mosquito Basin to the southwest.

Occupying a fine neighborhood, London Mountain is surrounded by Mosquito Range highcountry. Nearby peaks visible from the summit of London Mountain include: Pennsylvania Mountain (13,006 ft.), Mount Evans (13,577 ft.), Sheep Mountain (12,818 ft.), Mosquito Peak (13,781 ft.), Treasurevault Mountain (13,701 ft.), Mount Arkansas (13,795 ft.), Mount Tweto (13,672), Mount Buckskin (13,865 ft.) and Loveland Mountain (13,692 ft.)

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.