Los Oyameles/Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 25.64985°N / 100.46329°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The approach is described in the Getting there section.

Route Description


The trail starts at Los Oyameles ranch toward the right (south) next to a couple of cabins then turning to the left as it crosses a small creek, then it gets steeper as it goes straight up most of the time through the aspen forest. Following the pink ribbons the trail then crosses an old logging road and continues up coming upon the logging road once more, hike left (southeast) on this road passing two gullies and then turn to the right and up on the third one (an old pile of small logs marks the spot), this is now basically barren terrain and the steep trail heads straight up this gully with a couple of scrambling sections to the ridge, once there hike to the left passing one false summit to the main one marked by a metal cross.

Essential Gear


If snow is present in the winter, crampons, ice axe and a rope may be necessary.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

La MarthaRoutes