Männlichen

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.60021°N / 7.94953°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The cable way of Männlichen is an alternative route for the people what want to walk a little more than the route of Kleine Scheidegg but they consider too long the route from Grindelwald or Wengen. As well it's a good option to complete a very good hike using this route as descent from Lauberhorn and Tschuggen to Grindelwald or Wengen. (independing of the beginning in Wengen, Grindelwald or Kleine Scheidegg)

Getting There

Tschuggen from GrindelwaldView from Grindelwald

Fron Wengen or Grindelwald-Grund you must to take the cable way to Männlichen. If you walk this route as ascent to Lauberhorn you can take the train to descent in Kleine Scheidegg to both villages.

Route Description

Tschuggen

We'll begin in the station of cable way of Männlichen (2229m) and a good option is the first climb of the nearest peak Männlichen (2343m) in 15 minutes to the north. The landscape is nice from there.
After the return to station we'll walk following the forest track in direction to Kleine Scheidegg. This part of the route is an easy descent to the col under the peak Tschuggen (2521m) called Honegg (2159m). This is the best place to turn to the East face of our peak (right side). Out of path we'll search the best places in the wide ramp to walk. Generally in the first section we'll have the reference of some towers of ski-lift to the pre-summit called litle Tschuggen, really a small rocky formation, without aspect of summit. The last part has a very hard slope, it's very pronounced, but generally we'll see a path in right side near of the bottom of the conic top. After this hard ramp we'll reach the summit, an impressive place with amazing views.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe early in the season if the west face has snow. Two cans are very useful in all the conditions.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TschuggenRoutes