McFarlands Tank

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 31.44790°N / 108.3644°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

From McFarlands Tank, start walking southwest up the road to this point. Leave the road here, and head cross-country to this approximate location just north of the prominent Point 6727. You cannot see the true highpoint from here. From this spot, you have two choices. You can go around Point 6727 on either the west or east sides of it. It really doesn't matter which route you choose. We went up on the west side, but descended on the east side. If you go up the west side, your goal is to reach this saddle. From there, it is an easy walk to the highpoint. If you go up the east side of Point 6727, your goal is to reach this saddle. From there, you can head pretty much straight over to the highpoint. If you have to start near Pierce Tank, it will be a much longer route.








Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.