Mengusovské štíty

Mengusovské štíty

Page Type Page Type: Album

Add Heading Here

In July we decided to visit another interesting group of Tatra peaks - Mengusovské štíty. They are consisting of three peaks - Veľký Mengusovský štít (Mięguszowiecki Szczyt, 2425 m), Prostredný Mengusovský štít (Mięguszowiecki Szczyt Pośredni, 2393 m) and Východný Mengusovský štít (Mięguszowiecki Szczyt Czarny, 2404 m) with its famous rock face of Kazalnica (580 m high) towering above Czarny Staw. Those peaks are located in the main ridge on the Slovak-Polish border, above two largest tarns in High Tatras - Morskie Oko (the largest in the whole High Tatras) and Veľké Hincovo pleso (the largest in Slovakian part of High Tatras). There is no climbing experience necessary, and it seems that those peaks are frequently visited by tourists and climbers. You can see more details here - Droga po glazach. This route starts in Mengusovské sedlo (2307 m), where you can easily walk from Veľké Hincovo pleso. There used to be a marked trail back in 70's, but it was closed due to serious risk of rock falls. Nevertheless, you can still find green marks on the rocks, so route finding isn't a problem. From the saddle we joined the above mentioned route and via Prostredná Mengusovská lávka we reached the summit of Prostredný Mengusovský štít, then we descended to Veľká Mengusovská lávka, which we followed to the summit of Veľký Mengusovský štít. Descent: directly to Hincovo pleso in Hincova kotlinka.
During our second visit few weeks later, we followed the old trail to Mengusovské sedlo at first, then we turn right in the direction of Východné Mengusovské sedlo (2335 m) between Východný Mengusovský štít (2404 m) and Hincova veža (2377 m). We climbed few moss covered rocks and then via partly grassy slopes and scree to the saddle. From there you can turn left and continue below the ridge, but we decided to follow the ridge, and there wasn't a single difficult spot. From the summit we descended to Mengusovské sedlo and back to Hincova kotlinka.

External Links

Add External Links text here.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.