Mine Camp Peak

Mine Camp Peak

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Mine Camp Peak

Mine Camp peak is the highest peak in Millard County at 10,222'.
The hardest part about the route we took is dodging ATV's. We were able to find a spot to make the hike reasonably easy, but would have to take the Piute ATV trail. With it being the first week of archery season, we would have to watch out.

We passed quite a few people on the trail, most were courteous, but a few seemed to be in a big hurry

We camped .40 miles from the peak, and talked about making a bid for the summit before dark. It was now 6:00, we didn't have camp set up, havent' had dinner. We according to SummitPost, we were to lose 200' then gain 400' in less than half mile, and decided to wait for morning.

Mine Camp ranks as #38 on the Utah Prominence Peak list with over 3,00' of prominence.







The hike took us about an hour, and when we got back to camp, we couldn't go home so early, we decided to give Delano Peak a shot, and clear up the county highpoints of southern Utah.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.