Miuzanazas-Chilizarrias

Miuzanazas-Chilizarrias

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.24350°N / 2.9727°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page to approach to Ezcaray and Valdezcaray.

For the trailhead: 2 or 3 km before of ski resort of Valdezcaray is the beginning of a bad track (only for jeep or land rover, with important slope, not for cars). In this place it's possible the parking of some cars (1450m).

Note: some mountaineers consider as well this route as "normal" but is longest than the Valdezcaray route. If you climb in summer without snow I think it's a more interesting climb (from Valdezcaray is very simple).

Route Description

Time: 3h15min to summit.

We'll begin in the track to reach the wide col in the upper side at Miuzanazas (1544m). For a little time we'll follow the track in direction of col of Majada de Marulla but under the hillside of Peak Chilizarrías we'll leave the track to reach this summit (1825m).
We'll descend to col Beneguerra or Tres Aguas (1739m) and we'll climb another hillside to reach a new peak (1929m, no name in my map, possibles names: Tres Aguas or Beneguerra). After this summit the itinerary descent a little (1908m) but is the wide ridge of the first 2000m of the walk, the peak La Cuña (2012m) with mailbox in the wide summit. The view of rest of the route is perfect from here, descending to Col of Campos Blancos reaching the normal route (from Valdezcaray) climbing Cabeza Parda (2118m) and San Lorenzo (2271m) across the col of Artaza.

The descent is generally for the same route but we'll can evitate some summits bordering in the hillsides (2h15min). In very bad weather days we'll can evitate the return for the mountains descending for the normal route and following the road to the trailhead for 3 km (1h20min).

Essential Gear

In winter crampons and ice-axe advisables from La Cuña to San Lorenzo. It's possible the climb with ski cross-county.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.