Moffit Peak via Beaver Lake

Moffit Peak via Beaver Lake

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.81000°N / 110.954°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

This route also uses the Whitney Road. The Whintney Road is marked with a sign-post and is branches west off Highway 150 43 miles east and north of Kamas or 35 miles south of Evanston. This graded gravel road is good for all cars. From Highway 150, follow the Whitney Road west to the junction with the Whitney Reservior Road. This junction is just after the bridge that crosses the West Fork Bear River. Follow the Whitney Reservior Road and then take a right after about two miles (from the Whitney Road). The road stays above the reservoir on the west side. Turn right again at the sign for Beaver Lake. Beaver Lake is the trailhead used to start the hike to Moffit Peak via this route.

Route Description

From just easy of Beaver Lake, follow the stream that heads south. After following the stream that heads directly south (several streams head west-do not follow them), for about half a mile, head up the ridge to the west. This mostly open ridge is usually only moderately steep, except for a few short and steep sections. After following this ridge for about another half a mile, the summit of Moffit Peak is attained. This route is just over four miles round trip.


Essential Gear

A good pair of boots is needed.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.