Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.85253°N / 11.23378°E
Additional Information Elevation: 6079 ft / 1853 m
Sign the Climber's Log

overview

This mountain is part of the vast plateau of Folgaria . The reliefs of this plateau are more rounded than the nearby Pasubio but not less interesting. Along the ridge of the Dosso del Sommo and Campomolon there are peaks a little challenging for those who practice ski mountaineering: Spiz Tonezza and Monte Maggio. During the first World War, Mount maggio represented the border, the watershed between the war on Piccole Dolomites ,Pasubio in front of the Highlands. So far, in fact, arrived control of territory by the Austro Hungarian fortresses placed on the heights of Folgaria, and Lavarone Luserna.
User Profile Image monte maggio

border and access

South: Vallagarina - Rovereto - Val di terragnolo - Serrada. West:Val d'Adige - Calliano - Dietroberseno - Folgaria. North: Valsugana - Levico Terme - Monterovere - Passo Vezzena - Luserna. East: Val d'Assa - Altopiano di Vezzena -Passo Vezzena - Luserna Valdastico - Pedemonte - Lavarone

Getting There

From Rovereto, exit Highway Brenner, drive along the Terragnolo valley until Serrada. From here you continue to Fondo grande and Fondo Piccolo and Coe Pass up to Malga Zonta, the point of departure for many routes
Monte Maggio Monte Maggio

routes

Monte Maggio from Serrada The excursion start near the village of Serrada 1250m., following the trail No. 136 which, through a convenient forest road, along a stretch for the "Trekking dei Forti" and brings in about an hour and forty minutes at the top of the Dosso del Sommo1670m. , near which are the ruins of Forte Dosso delle Somme. Continuing with trail No. 136, follow an easy trail that leads to the Bus de la Nef (mt. 1599). From here you climb along an easy trail (trail 136B), which brings in about one hour at the top of Monte Maggio (mt. 1853). Monte Maggio from Borcola Pass 1182m. From Piazza village in Val di Terragnolo drive to the Borcola Pass.It is closed in winter with snow. From the Pass climb in an easterly direction towards the track of the path European E5 (marked with the sign 124)till the Mount Borcoletta 1759m., continue along the crest till the Coston dei laghi and the top of the Monte Maggio 1853m. This is a paths of ski mountaineering but a bit dangerous along the crest.
Alta via delle Alpi Vicentine Alta via delle Alpi Vicentine
Monte Maggio Monte Maggio
Monte Maggio Monte Maggio

 

Red Tape

Neither permits nor fees required

links

TRENTINO ON LINE 100 KM DEI FORTI MONTAGNA CON AMORE ISTITUTO CIMBRO
Alta via delle Alpi Vicentine Coston dei Laghi

Mountain Conditions

For weather and avalanche conditions in Trentino look at this pages: wetterzentrale Meteotrentino Meteo Alpin Società Meteorologica Italiana
Monte Maggio Monte Maggio
©2008 Tiziana Ciaghi



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
Monte MaggioMountains & Rocks