Moose Lake

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.79720°N / 114.0672°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: class two
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This route up Angel's Perch takes you through scenic Fall creek with great views of the Standhope area.

Getting There

From Ketchum, take the Trail Creek summit road. Follow this road over the summit and follow this 22 miles until the Copper Basin/Wildhorse Canyon turnoff. Follow the Wildhorse Canyon road until 2 miles past the Wildhorse guard station. Take the Fall Creek road and follow it until it ends (about 1 mile). Park here.

Route Description

Cross the footbridge leading to the trailhead. Follow the signs leading you to Moose lake. The trail takes you up fall creek for about 1 1/2 miles to the first branch, where you will cross fall creek and make your way up the central canyon. After another mile or so, the trail again forks. Take the right trail and follow this about 2 miles to Moose lake. The trail is strenuous. Once you reach the lake, circle around it and make your way to lake 9455. Circle around this lake and make your way up toward point 10820, aiming for the saddle west of the point. Descend to Angel lake and follow the east ridge to the top of Angel's Perch.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.