Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.38556°N / 112.33673°W
Additional Information County: Piute
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 11757 ft / 3584 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The eastern most summit in the series of peaks extending easterly from Delano Peak. Unfortunately, this peak has seen development from a communications tower and multiple 4WD roads that destroyed the alpine environment. 

Getting There

Via Edna Peak (East Ridge):

From Marysvale, drive south 3.5 miles and turn right onto Deer Trail Road. Turn left onto Cottonwood Road and continue on for 8.5 miles. It's fairly difficult to discern changes in the dirt roads because it's pretty much a straight shot the whole way. The best place to park is on the saddle to the east of the peak above the treeline.

Via Alunite Trailhead (West Ridge):

Same as above but turn left at 7.2 miles at a prominent switchback where a 4WD road leaves the main dirt road. This road is rugged so higher clearance and 4WD are recommended. Larger vehicles like trucks and suburbans will likely not fit as well. If you can make it, the trailhead parking spot is about 1 mile from the switchback.

Route

West Ridge

Round-trip Distance: 1 mile

Elevation Gain: 400 feet

East Ridge

Round-trip Distance: 1.4 miles

Elevation Gain: 600 feet

Red Tape

No permits or reservations required. Please practice "Leave No Trace" ethics.

When to Climb

Best months are May-October. Snow will make the trek in quite a chore.

Camping

There are some primitive campsites in the canyon to the north of the peak. Otherwise, there are several campgrounds in and around Marysvale.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Tushar MountainsMountains & Rocks