Mount Fremont Lookout

Mount Fremont Lookout

Page Type Page Type: Custom Object
Additional Information Object Type: Lookout

Overview

vgrimm
vgrimm
Mount Fremont Lookout
Mount Fremont is a lookout with the glaciers of Mt Rainier on one side and the National Park and National Forest on the other. To the north is the long line of Cascades and on a clear day you can see the Olympics. Its a 5.5 mile hike to the lookout with an elevation gain of only 900 feet. But the rocky climb has it listed as a difficult trail. The lookout is occupied and used by rangers during times of high fire danger.

Getting There

Mount Fremont Lookout
Drive from the White River entrance to Rainier National Park to the Sunrise visitor center. From the picnic area walk the old Wonderland Trail for .5 miles. Turn left to go to Frozen Lake. The trail goes around the lake to the right and climbs up to the lookout. The trail is well marked with signs along the way.

Red Tape

Since this lookout is in Rainier National Park, no pets are allowed. There is an entrance fee to the park and over night permits are required.

Camping

No camping at the lookout.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount FremontCustom Objects
 
Washington LookoutsCustom Objects