Mount Frissell Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.04940°N / 73.4846°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Mount Frissell Trail is blazed with red markers. It travels over three mountains and two states.

Getting There

From the South: From Salisbury, CT take Factory street (Turns into Mt. Riga Road), veer left at Bunker Hill Road and continue on Mount Riga Road. At lake veer right onto Mount Washington Road. Trailhead is at MA/CT Border on left.

From North: East Street, trailhead is on right at CT/MA Border

Route Description

From trailhead follow trail over Round Mountain, and Mount Frissell to the Highest Point in CT

Essential Gear


Water Bottles
Insect Repelent

External Links

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
hgrapid

hgrapid - Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am - Voted 2/10

Needs more detail

I have heard this trail isn't that straightforward, and the route to the highpoint marker is not perfectly clear. I would love to see more detail, so people don't get lost.

Bkoziol3

Bkoziol3 - Nov 7, 2010 9:31 am - Hasn't voted

Mileage

I did not see distance anywhwere on page.. I do not think the mileage is not alot.. probably a mile or a mile and half each way. the trail is pretty easy to follow. there is no sign for Fissell from the road, but you can easy find the red blaze marks opposite the AMC parking lot. make sure to continue over Round Mtn and then up Fissell, and then down a couple hundred yards the other side to locate Conn High Point. Marked by a cairn and small green geo marker.. mistake ppl seem to make is climbing Round Mtn and thinking its Fissell, not so!

CBD - Jun 7, 2019 10:21 am - Hasn't voted

as of June 2019, it's much more user friendly!

The red blazes are very prevalent now, the only confusion is about 15 min up (before you get to Round Rock, just after you finish the 1st batch of straight up climbing) make sure you go RIGHT to Round Rock instead of left (left blazes lead to an area where I encountered a rattlesnake a few years back... not saying they're still there, but it's still the wrong way.) Someone graciously place an ammo can at the Mt Frissell summit with detailed directions on how to get to the high point and the 3-state corner... which would have made me much more comfortable knowing before I started this one! HP #15 for me.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.