Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 19, 2009
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

The Hot Hike

The following was written by my daughter Amelia, after we tried to climb Mount Van Cott on one of the hottest days of 2009.

By Amelia age 10.

One day my Dad decided we were going on a hike. Big mistake! We were all happy until we started. My Dad thought we needed more water, but my Mom said, “No, I think we just need to get going.” So we started to hike and we took like the expert trail though. We went up, then down, then back up, when really we were just supposed to go up.

We almost ran out of water. My dog, Shyla, plopped down every place possible, and foam was spraying out of her mouth! Too bad she didn’t want water before. So we cut down thorn bushes to stop this hike. When we got down my dog’s paws were burned! She could barely walk! After, my Mom said “I’m going for an Icee, who’s with me?"




Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount Van CottTrip Reports