Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.43167°N / 5.24228°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 3806 ft / 1160 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Pienzu (sierra del Sueve)

The peak Pienzu is the highest peak of Sierra del Sueve at North of Picos de Europa very near of the sea. It's only at 5km from the sea and it's a peak of more than 1,000m, a curiosity difficult to find all over the World and for this reason it's really a nice watchtower.

The peak is normally climbed from Mirador del Fito (597m) important pass of the road and it has one of the widest landscapes of Asturias with the full massif of Picos de Europa at South and the villages of the coast at North.

Getting There

The pass of Mirador del Fito is in the road AS 260 between Colunga and Arriondas.


Ver mapa más grande

Red Tape

Nothing special. In winter the road is closed after a recent snowfall of course.

Camping

Campings:
Camping Sella, Arriondas.
Camping Ribadesella, Ribadesella.

External Links

Mountain:
mendikat.net (Spanish).
montesdeasturias.com (Spanish)

Villages:
Ribadesella
Arriondas

Challenge:
IX Subida al Picu Pienzu, 27th May 2012.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.