Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.28601°N / 1.63722°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8704 ft / 2653 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

VulturóVulturó
VulturóVulturó

Vulturó or Puig de la Canal Baridana (2,653m) is the highest peak of Serra del cadí and it's in the list of the most prominent peaks of Iberian Peninsula. It's a nice peak but I think Costa Cabirolera (2,604m) is nicer and for this reason I recommend to climb both peaks, the higher and the most beautiful, in the same day.

Routes:
*North face:
-Canal del Cristall: it's a hard route but it's the nicer and it's the most advisable even the scree is bad in the last part of the channel.
-Canal Baridana: it's a very hard route with a very steepy channel with scree and I think it's advisable to descent.
South face:
-Pas de Gosolans: at East. It's easier but is very long.
-Cap de la Fesa: at West. It has a very long approach walking more than 13km.

Getting There


See bigger map

Red Tape

It's in the natural park of Cadí-Moixeró with rules about camping, wild life, ...

Camping

Campings:
-Cadivacances, Gosol.
-Campalans, Borredá (Berguedá).
-Bergaresort, Berga.
-Repos del Pedraforca, Saldes (Berguedá).

External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.