Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.28121°N / 1.67048°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 8543 ft / 2604 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Costa CabiroleraCosta Cabirolera

The Puig de la Canal Baridana or Vulturó (2,648m) is the highest peak of Serra del Cadí but in my opinion the most beautiful peak of the range is the Pic de la Costa Cabirolera or Roca Punxenta(2,604m) because the view of the north wall is nice from this part of the ridge. As curiosity this peak is the higher point of the province of Barcelona but it’s a little strange the confluence of the provinces of Lleida, Girona and Barcelona in range of Cadí.
Summit of Pic de Costa CabiroleraSummit
Cadí North face in Winter. In...Canal del Cristall

The mountaineers prefer the North access because is nice but it’s harder than the South access. The North access needs the ascension of hard coulouirs with snow and ice in spring and a lot of stones in summer. It has a few of coulouirs but the easiest is the Canall del Cristall. It’s not very difficult for mountaineers but it’s not for hikers. The South access is easier across long ramps of grass or even you have a North access across Paso de Gosolans at East, but it’s a little bit longer.

Getting There


See bigger map

Red Tape

It's in the natural park of Cadí-Moixeró with rules about camping, wild life, ...

Camping

Campings:
-Cadivacances, Gosol.
-Campalans, Borredá (Berguedá).
-Bergaresort, Berga.
-Repos del Pedraforca, Saldes (Berguedá).



External Links



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.