Mt. Kephart from Base (3937 ft. gain in

Mt. Kephart from Base (3937 ft. gain in

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 35.63100°N / 83.39°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach



Begin at the Bradley Fork Trail at the Smokemont Visitor Center off of US 441 in Cherokee, North Carolina.

Route Description


Hike the Bradley fork trail for 4 miles to the Cabin Flats Trail. At this junction,turn left on the Cabin Flats Trail and continue for 1/2 mile. When you arrive at the Dry Sluice Gap Trail take a left and hike on the Dry Sluice Trail for another 4 miles. When you get to the AT, take a left and follow the AT for 1.4 miles (pass Charlie's Bunyon on the way after about 1/2 mile). When you come to the Boulevard trail, take it for about 0.3 miles to the Jumpoff trail where you will take a right. Follow the Jumpoff trail 0.2 miles to the summit. (the trail crosses the summit clearing)

20.6 miles roundtrip

Essential Gear


Raingear is essential, study hiking shoes/boots
GO LITE gear is ideal for the east coast

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.