Mt. Rila, Musala Summit - April 4th, 2010

Mt. Rila, Musala Summit - April 4th, 2010

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Mt. Rila, Musala Summit

Musala (2925 m) is the highest peak of the South-East Europe and Balkan Peninsula. It is located in the Eastern (Musala) part of the RILA mountains that has a landscape reminiscent of the Alps. Musala is the highest peak of Rila massif and of whole Bulgaria.
The name derives from "Mus Allah" ("the mountain of Allah"), being so named during the period when Bulgaria was part of the Islamic Ottoman Empire.
The first written document about the climbing of the peak chronicles the ascent of Filip II, the father of Alexander the Great.
Summit view from Musala summit is very impressive. If the weather is good, you can see all the highest peaks of large massif of Rila, of Pirin massif and even Mt Rodopi in Greece.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
EricChu

EricChu - Nov 5, 2010 4:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Good album!

Your pictures are great!

panamos

panamos - Nov 5, 2010 4:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good album!

Thank you Eric!

yatsek

yatsek - Nov 6, 2010 2:51 am - Voted 10/10

When did you go?

Just the other day?
Please try and attach your album to this page. And a "Primary Image" (6th box while editing) would make your album even nicer.

panamos

panamos - Nov 6, 2010 4:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: When did you go?

Hi Yatsek, thanks for the comment. I went there last Easter. I would be happy to attach my album to the page you suggested, I don't know how to do it though..just started to figure out how SP works..

(BTW, the page you suggested was a great inspiration for attempting to visit Musala. I owe a big Thank you to vvujisic for an excellent aid for someone who wants to visit the mountain)

yatsek

yatsek - Nov 7, 2010 4:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: When did you go?

Alright Panamos,

I think it might be a good idea to place the info about when you went in the text or even in the headline.

Now

1 click attach/detach on the orangish bar at the top
2 type "musala" in the "FOR" box
3 click "find objects"
4 select "attach as parent"
5 click "attach objects"

Cheers,
Jacek aka yatsek

PS How about Kamenitsa next time? :)

Viewing: 1-5 of 5


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

MusalaAlbums