Mt. Skylight from Four Corners

Mt. Skylight from Four Corners

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.09940°N / 73.9311°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Their are 3 options for getting to Four Corners: from Elk Lake on the Elk Lake Trail(see Dix Mountain), or Calamity Brook Trail from flowed Lands and Lake Colden (see Mt. Colden), and the trial that comes down the South Ridge of Marcy (see Mt. Marcy).

Route Description


Blazes- Red
Miles from Four Corners 0.5
Elevation - Summit = 4,926 ft. (1501m)
from Four Corners 578 ft. (176m)

From Four Corner thake the Red Trail up.
It is a steady climb up a wet, rocky trail to the timberline at 0.4 miles.
The Grade is easier on the alpine medow, please stick to the path. (DO THE ROCK WALK)
Carins mark the trail to the summit.at 0.5 miles

Essential Gear


Basic day hike gear for summer and winter.

CARRY UP A ROCK:
if you take a rock from the base of the mountain, bring it to the summit and place it on one of the HUGE carins at the summit it will not rain on your way down.
But if you don't you will get rained on, big time.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.