Muitze

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.02280°N / 2.0884°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The route of Muitze it's probably the nicest route to climb the peak Txindoki (across normal paths of course) but the path it's over some ravines exposed. For this reason the route it's not advisable in wet conditions or with snow.
The trailhead it's in Larraitz, the same of the normal route but in dry days I think what the perfect itinerary it's the ascent across this route and the descent across the normal route, a wonderfull trip around Txindoki.

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Larraitz.

Route Description

MuitzeMuitze

We'll begin in the parking of Larraitz and we'll take the track of normal route for a few of meters but very soon we'll leave the track (with a lot of people all the week-ends of the year) and we'll take a little path in left side in direction to an antenna of comunication (with nobody generally). The path go near of the metallic fence in a narrow path with some rocky terraces (slippery when wet) over the ravine of Auzateko.

The nice path turn to entry in the ravine under the west face of peak Larraone. It's a greenny hillside, easy in dry conditions but dangerous with rain. In the path over the ravine we'll can to see the little waterfalls of Muitze some days at year in the middle of ravine. After this path we'll reach a col under a cirque of peaks. The exit it's in right side (west) following a path (water frequent) in zig-zag. The easy ramps go to the Col of Egurral (1152m). From this point it's the same path of the normal route to reach the summit across the ramp south.

Essential Gear

Nothing special. In winter conditions the crampons and ice-axe are necessary but I think what this route it's not advisble with snow (the normal route it's the best election in these days)

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TxindokiRoutes