Mule Mountain Trail

Mule Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 42.08870°N / 123.075°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 16, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter
Sunday, March 18, 2007 I wanted to do some hiking for conditioning, so I headed out of Medford to the Applegate. My first stop was Mule Mountain. I was out here on the previous Friday to hike Baldy Peak and wanted to come back to see the view from Mule Mountain.

I parked and headed up the Mule Mountain Trail. It was a beautiful cool morning and I made good progress up the trail. I was surprised I didn’t see any deer along the trail because this is prime deer habitat. I worked my way up the trail, past the Mule Creek Trail fork, and out of the forest cover.
Mule Mountain

I found the spot where I intended to leave the trail and it still looked appealing. I started up the rocky little draw and was breathing hard before I had climbed 100 ft. This is a steep slope and I was glad it wasn’t icy. No problem climbing, the footing was good, I was just working hard climbing. It took me about 20 minutes to get to the summit. The views were great and I even found a benchmark about 50 ft west of the rock pile at the summit. I took lots of pictures and headed back to my truck. On the way back down the trail, I met 3 other hikers out enjoying a beautiful morning in the Applegate Valley. I was back to my truck about 2.25 hours after I started. Next up was to drive over to Mt. Isabelle and have a go at that one.



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mule MountainTrip Reports