Núria

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.38302°N / 2.11710°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the most popular route for all the people but some mountaineer prefer longer routes from Queralbs or collado de Fontana but if it's your first visit to the area it's very interesting the train for tourist and the sanctuary.

Time to summit: 2h and a half.
Meters to gain: 1,000m

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Ribes de Freser and the train of Núria.

Route Description

Font del PuigmalFont Alta de Puigmal
PuigmalPuigmal
Coll de FinestrellesColl de Finestrelles
Coll d EinaColl d'Eina

You must leave the train station to left side across a piste of the ski-resort passing near of the camping zone. In a curve you leave the piste (track) crossing to left side across a bridge to the other side of the small river. The path goes to left until a signal of wood with two options. We turn to left following the indication "Puigmal". The other option is Finestrelles and it's a very good option for the descent. We walk in the nice come de l'embut searching the path in right side following marks of blue paint. We cross near of some beautiful waterfalls before to reach the wide area under the peak. In left side you see Puigmal and the path goes in zig-zag crossing the scree among the stones to reach finally the wide summit with a cross.

Option advisable for the descent: you follow to left the cairns in North direction to walk over the nice ridge with excellent panorama. You reach the small but nice Pic Petit de Segre (2,812m) and Pic de Segre (2,848m) with an irony signal of a Saint. After that you descent to Coll de Finestrelles (2,604m) where you can return to Núria using a signalled path (do you remember the first signal in the ascent?). Total time: 4h and a half.

Another options:

A)-You follow to Pic de Finestrelles (2,829m), the best watchtower of the ridge and you continue to Puig de Núria (2,794m) and coll d'Eina (2,684m). From this col you can return to Núria across the nice cirque of come d'Eina in 4,5 km. Total time: 6h

B)-Do you want more?: if you have time and forces you can follow to two peaks more from the col, the Pic d'Eina (2,786m) and the Pic de Noufonts (2,861m) reaching the important col of Noufonts (2,648m). The path G.R.-11 cross this col and you can use it to return to Núria. Total time: 8h and a half.

Essential Gear

Money to pay the train (of course).
Nothing special in summer, even you have a restaurant in sanctuary and you can buy water, drinks, food,...
In early spring you can use ski, snowshoes and you will need probably crampons and ice-axe in the last section.
In winter the area can have some risk of avalanches and you must ask in the ski-resort of Nuria about the conditions and risks.

External Links


valldenuria: timetable



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

PuigmalRoutes