Navalucillos-Las Becerras

Navalucillos-Las Becerras

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.52758°N / 4.61597°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

It's the normal and almost the only route to summit.

The routes goes into a Natural Park with rules about wildlife, camping... you have information in the signals and the office of the park.

Getting There

Information point
Rocigalgo and TejadillasRocigalgo & Tejadillas
From The Navalucillos take the CM-4155 direction to Robledo del Buey. After 11 km on the left as is from the Navalucillosis the signal to the playground and picnic area of Las Becerras and the peak Rocigalgo. We follow a forest track (leaving the recreation area on the right) all from the front, a flat area known as Nava del Chorro (3.5 Km from Las Becerras), until we find a chain that prevents the passage of vehicles, together to a small parking, an information panel and an information booth (770 m). The map shows 3h 30m to the top (the trail map even 3h 45m), although the climbers will normally reach in 3 hours.

Route Description

Map of the routeMap

We begin the march through a forest trail that runs parallel to a stream, almost flatter, for about 3 km until you reach a small plateau where there is a water tank. We take a path to the left; we started to gain altitude, climbing wooden steps. We continue along it until you reach a fork in turning aside to the right, crossing a small stream, reach the base of the Chorro (waterfall of over 15 m high) in about 3 minutes.

Las CornisasCornisas
Chorrera ChicaChorrera chica
Retracing our steps to the fork and follow this time left, we reached the top of the waterfall (900 m). We followed the path marked by milestones, following the signs to the direction or Rocigalgo / Chorrera Chica (At first the path is common for both). The trail passes through a beautiful area called Las Cornisas (the cliffs) where it appears to be carved in stone. In this step you have chains which are not necessary if it’s dry and you have suitable footwear, but it’s advisable for the influx of tourists. We arrived at a new branch: descending into the stream reaches a second waterfall (the Chorrera Chica) (1,110 m) in about 5 minutes and we continue along the path that we brought it follows the route to Rocigalgo. After crossing the stream below, we enter a large oak by which we reach the Collado del Chorro (1,318 m). At this point we follow the dirt track left towards NE, and we reach the last slope of Rocigalgo summit (1,448 m).

Rocigalgo and Carrera del Caballo
Ridge of Carrera del Caballo
An alternative route for the descent is, once the jet reached the hill, follow the path SW, along the ridge through the tops of the Carrera del Caballo (1,419 m) and Tejadillas (1,397 m). The path is not clearly defined throughout, especially after this last summit, and finally ends on a track next to a hill with an antenna, which descends to the forest track to the start of the route.

Essential Gear

Boots.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

RocigalgoRoutes