Normal route from Les Conscrits

Normal route from Les Conscrits

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.80340°N / 6.77860°E
Additional Information Route Type: Snow/rock climb
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start point is Les Contamines. See how to get there on the main page of Aiguille de la Bérangère.

Route Description


- First day : Les Contamines - Refuge des Conscrits.

From Les Contamines follow the road upstream through the Val Monjoie to the endpoint at Notre Dame de la Gorge (chapel, car park). Take the path to the Refuge de Tré la Tête (2 hours) : Pleasant place with view on the valley, savoyan specialities at lunch time). Follow then the path direction the glacier of Tré la Tête (SE side), climb 70 meters to the "Mauvais Pas" (= bad step). Take feet on the final tong of the glacier covered with innumerable rocks and progress in the middle on large stones while following some cairns which undoubtedly collapse year by year and finally take feet on the ice. Sometimes crampons are required here. Curve some meters around large stones posed on the glacier and then locate the path which leads in the direction of the Refuge des Conscrits through the cliff on your left. This path in not obvious to locate because it is collapsed partly. You can locate it thanks to the chains fixed at the wall and the blue marks. After the passage of the chains, the path continues upward crossing a moraine and a grassy terrace and reaches the refuge (3 hours from Tré la Tête).

- Second day : Refuge des Conscrits - Aiguille de la Bérangère - Les Contamines

From the Refuge des Conscrits reach the crest of the moraine to the NW and continue towards point 2931 m. Go up steeper slopes to reach the Bérangère Glacier (in fact snowfields). Ascend the Glacier, finishing up easy rocks leading to the summit

Essential Gear


Rope, crampons, iceaxe

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.