North corridor

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.57000°N / 5.25°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You have to cross a little river called Labiadas river. This could be a big problem in winter or spring with lot of water. Maybe you´ll better use this route to go down the peak: I think it´s better to have your feet wet and cool at the end of the day...

Taking the road from Lugueros (1250 m) towards Llamazares (1197 m) you have to look for the river. Then cross the river. You´ll see a big corridor with the summit on the left, also a col between the summit and long redge going to the West. Just go down. You´ll cross a little forest, going down all the time.



Route Description


Use the summit and the col as a reference. You can choose the way, the corridor is really wide. The more you go up, the more rocks you´ll find arean plenty of free stones.

Higher you´ll find a cave. Leave the cave down, go to the col. you´ll leave the redge on the picture bellow on your right hand.
The way from the col to the summit it´s very clear and intuitive.

If the weather is good you´ll have a good views from the most of the León province mountains.


Essential Gear


Try to be imaginative to cross the river... I used rain-trousers and two guns to put in my ankles so the water couldn´t go into my boots... and it works... I didn´t put out my boot to cross a river (the water reached my knees).

I can imagine this route with snow a low temperatures. It should be difficult and hard.
It hasn´t so many inclination as Hoces de Vegacervera route, so maybe it´s easier, but the North face would probably have more snow and it could be frozen. Prepare your winter equipment.

Without snow, it will be definitly easier in all aspects. But take care with fog.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

BodónRoutes