North Rib of South Sis

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.28950°N / 105.5195°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

So you're gonna tag the south (gone bad) sister? Well, if you're beyond the skill level of rock walker, the North Rib is fully recommended to add some perfectly fun scrambling. This short, but mentionable route will get you there in style.

Getting There

Once atop the real North Sister look to the South, the prominent rib is easy to spot. Head SSE for the South Sister and aim straight for the rib. Enjoy the views and imagine the old mining days.

Route Description

Literally follow the rib-top. There is plenty of good rock to scramble. Don't forget to enjoy the views and check the weather. The entire length of the rib is probably only 15-20 minutes long and time flies when having fun, so enjoy the solitude.

Essential Gear

Shoes, water. Hands are nice, but I'm sure there are some talented disabled folks out there who can get along fine.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Jul 7, 2010 2:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Different peak

This is Twin Sisters Mountain. The other ones are Twin Sisters Peaks (east and west) that you refer to as North.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.