North Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.06617°N / 114.95603°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Outside Chance Valley

The routes up Little Decker come from nearly all directions and are in the Class 2-3 range.  

From the north via Alpine Way Trail (Class 2-3)- ascend the Grand Mogul-Decker ridgeline from any number of slots on the east side after leaving the Alpine Way Trail.  Obtain the summit by ascending the small summit block from the east or northeast.  

From Redfish Inlet Transfer Camp Trailhead: 4.9 miles and 3972 feet gain (one way)

From the north via Outside Chance Valley (Class 2-3)- ascend the Grand Mogul-Decker ridgeline from the Outside Chance Valley, northwest of the peak.  The easiest slots are closet to the peak, while the more challenging slots to reach the ridge, are closer to the Grand Mogul. 

From Redfish Inlet Transfer Camp Trailhead: 3.8 miles and 3614 feet gain (one way)

Follow the directions on the main page for access to the north ridge.
Little Decker Topo








Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.