North Side Routes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.91918°N / 114.94718°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Trad Climbing, Mixed, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Sign the Climber's Log

North Side Routes

Snowyside from Perfect

Northeast Ridge (Class 3+)-  the easiest way to summit involves cross country travel south of Alice Lake essentially following a string of 3 unnamed lakes that flow down from the north side of Perfect Peak.  The highest lake just north of the Perfect Peak headwall holds year round snow.  Access the NE ridge from this upper lake by skirting it's east shores.  Once upon the NE Ridge, scramble to a point just SSE of the south summit.  Pass through this notch to the SW side of the peak and make a traverse to a point on the west side that is between the south summit and the true north summit.  From the notch it's just 15 feet to the summit.  

Perfect Peak-NE Slopes

Northwest Ridge (Class 4)- this challenging scramble involves passing several rock towers that sit impressively on the north side of the peak. It's easy to get onto Class 5 terrain, so be sure to back track if your not comfortable with unroped 5th.  Access the Northwest Ridge by scrambling west from the upper unnamed lake to the ridge near Point 9998. There are many options as you'll bypass towers on both the west and east sides of this ridge.  Just under the summit is the most exposed section.

From Pettit Lake Trailhead: 8.1 miles and 4139 feet gain (one way)








Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.