North Timpanogos, NW Ridge Route

North Timpanogos, NW Ridge Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.41620°N / 111.6669°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A straightforward scramble to the top, via the Northwest Ridge.

Getting There

Take the Timpanooke Road, past the Timpanooke trailhead, until it comes around to the front of the Timpanogos massif. You should see a sign on the left indicating the Great Western Trail.

Route Description

The route is very simple, with one exception that needs explaining. Generally, just stick to the ridge, and when big rocks get in the way, veer a bit to the left, coming back to the ridgeline after going around the rocks. The one tricky bit is the last rock face: if you look closely as you approach the face, you'll notice that you can skirt diagonally up the face itself, again veering to the left. This will put you in some scrub pine, which you can stick in to regain the ridge. From here, it's a straightforward hike to to the summit.

Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.