Northeast Face (snow climb)

Northeast Face (snow climb)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.06600°N / 113.713°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Check back for details and photos....a work in progress.

Getting There

Approach this climb from East Fork of the Pahsimeroi. SawtoothSean posted the following instructions on his Mount Corruption page which he was kind enough to let me use here.

From ID-93 turn off east onto DoubleSprings Pass Road at approximately 46 miles north of Arco. It will be approximately 25 miles to the trailhead from this turn off. Leave the DoubleSprings Pass at 9.5 miles with a hard right turn. Proceed on the most traveled road up and over HorseHeaven Pass and descend into Mahogany Creek (signed). Cross the stream (1 of 4 ) which may be several feet deep and ascend to the ridge. At approximately 13.9 from the DoubleSprings Pass Road turnoff you'll encounter a split. The right hand split ascends the West Fork of the Pahsimeroi River Valley. You'll take the left fork up the East Fork of the Pahsimeroi River Valley. Follow this road to the complete end and park.

4WD is required for the spring creek crossings, short steep hills, and large rocks in the dirt roads.


Route Description

From the parking area, drop down and cross the creek.

The trail is faint but does lead to the basin at the base of Mount Church. Start to the left of Lake 9682 and climb the 30 to 50 degree snowfield to the summit. From here it is short, easy hike along the top of the Lost River Crest, going west, to get to Donaldson Peak (12,023 feet).

Essential Gear

Ice axe and crampons are essential and a helmet is recommended.

External Links

Add External Links text here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.