Northeast Trail (via Section 3 Lake)

Northeast Trail (via Section 3 Lake)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.52771°N / 121.34492°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is a great trail that won't take up the whole day but allows you to wander through lovely meadows across small streams and up through a rocky ridge to the summit. There is no real difficulty on this one. Views from the top are astounding into the Goat Rocks as well as Rainier and Adams. A great way to take a peak into the Goat Rocks.

Getting There

See the Getting There section for directions to the Section 3 Lake area Trailhead (the first set of directions on the main page section).

Route Description

From the trailhead, hike up and around the NW side of Section 3 Lake (yeah I know what a goofy name) via Trail 1130. The trail climbs gently then around the SW side of a small rocky mound. It then heads mostly west through meadows and open woods. You will cross a couple of small streams that are good sources of water into September at least if camping. Head then somewhat more southwest onto more rocky terrain as you approach the base of the ridge ahead of you. At 2.5 miles you intersect with the trail coming up from Conrad Meadows. Take the right fork (Trail 1130A). The trail then weaves back and forth as it climbs the ridge. As you come to the top of the ridge, you'll start getting the views into the Goat Rocks main peaks. Hike up and through smaller trees and patches of wildflowers until the trail doubles back to the summit. Descend the same way. Total distance one way is about 3.5 miles with 1400 feet of elevation gain.

Essential Gear

None needed.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.