Northern peak of Mt. Timpanogos elev. 11,441 ft

Northern peak of Mt. Timpanogos elev. 11,441 ft

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Hiking, Skiing

Mt. Timpanogos Wilderness

Mt. Timpanogos belongs to the Southern Wasatch Range in Utah, located about 30 minutes south of Salt Lake city.

Northern peak of Mt. Timpanogos elev. 11,441 ft

A beautiful sunny and warm day with lots of fresh snow, unfortunately melting too fast that day.
Originally I was planning to walk on the path around the mountain group, but the hunters shooting in the area around me pushed me high into the rocks above the tree line. I was not alone. There were other animals there, including a bear, who had the same idea.
The summit of the North peak of Timpanogos mountain did not have any trail or I could not find one to the top. On the way back, I took Grunge Couloir. Both ways were not easy to hike, especially when the rocks were sliding under my feet. Also deep melting snow mixed with mud while descending the mountain was challenging. Beautiful view over the lake.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.