Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 24, 2006
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer

A great Monday on the mountain...

Last week I was able to get together with a friend and go climb Deer Lodge Mtn. We started up the mountain at 6:45 and were able to set a decent pace considering the nature of the terrain. After getting to the top of the park we started steadily sidehilling up the ridge. After topping out on the ridge we took abreak to refuel and then started off along the top of the ridge towards the peak. There is one game trail that runs all the way to the timberline that makes travel a little bit easier. Also,traveling on the northern face of the ridge is a little bit easier than the south side because the scree is not as loose. As you near the timberline there will be a lot of deadfalls to find your way through. We topped out around 12:45 and proceded to take lots of pictures as well as refuel with granola and energy drinks. We left the summit at 1:15 and started retracing our way back to the jeep.And don't fool yourself, the trip down is just as strenuous as the trip up. Everything on this mountain is loose, so watch your footing. We got back to the jeep at 5:30 and then went down to the creek to soak our feet in the stream.Great ending to the day.

This was about 9-10 miles round trip and required 4,165 feet of elevation gain and loss.

Be sure to take plenty of water and energy food.

Happy trails, Isaac
Deer Lodge Mtn.
Kate and myself on topKate and I on the summit.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.