Ostraja from Moroznaja

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 53.07000°N / 158.11000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, in winter basic snow climb
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: most of it just walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


It is the "valley" route that started at the Moroznaja ski resort. Take a taxi from Elizovo to Moroznaja ski resort (7 km).

Route Description


It is forgotten route (1). Only first part is some kind of footpath, then it is over after rope bridge over the river Polovinka. In this area huge building of cottages for tourists is now, and tourist companies took them to so-called "Blue lakes", and the bridge is just left to these "domiki" (cottages). Then, you have to continue on the left embark of the river that flow into the Polovinka river. Near its spring you go out from the stone birch forest and ascend through the rocky slopes to the pass and then to the summit.

Ostraja sopka map

Ostraja sopka from Polovinka valley

The summit of Ostraja sopka as can be viewed from river Polovinka valley, photo by Ala, October 2003

Essential Gear


In last part of the route you need crampoons, avalanche safety equipment, and probably ice-axe during the winter. During the summer only troubles with free stones near the summit.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.