Paso Picacho

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 32.96000°N / 116.57°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Approximately a two-hour drive, take the San Diego (I-5) Freeway, head to the Dekema (I-805) Freeway south, turn east on the Mission Valley (I-8) Freeway, then north on Highway 79 until you reach Paso Picacho Campground in the Cuyamaca Rancho State Park.

Route Description


Start at the Paso Picacho Campground and cross the hwy to the trailhead. It will be a large dirt road for the first 1/4 mile, then a wide clearly marked path. Continue up switchbacks to top then turn right towards peak. At the summit there will be some railing as the scramble over rock might be a bit too much exposure for some the the young and old who frequent this peak.

Essential Gear


Simple walk-up nothing much needed, probably could be done easily in Teva's in summer/spring. Immediately after witner storms, there could be some snow on trail.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.