Perdiguero / Perdiguère Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
damgaard

damgaard - Aug 24, 2014 12:22 pm Date Climbed: Jul 26, 2014

Nice trip  Sucess!

Climbed the summit via the Literola valley. Weather was great, and even thought it was Saturday we didn't meet many people on the way up. The ridge was cool, not difficult but great views. Even though late July we used crampons on the way down, where we crossed a steep snow field. We took another route up and bypassed it then. Total time 9 hours.

Andy_Hornung

Andy_Hornung - Jul 23, 2011 6:20 am Date Climbed: Jun 26, 2011

normal route - valle de literola  Sucess!

Great day to start this years trip to the Pyrenees. Beautifu l day and fantastic summit views.

FrançoisJ

FrançoisJ - Jun 25, 2008 4:08 am Date Climbed: Jul 14, 2004

Route climbed : normal cresta de Literola  Sucess!

Sabrina and I climbed Perdiguère some day during july 2004 from refuge du portillon.
On our way, we also climbed auiguille+pointe+tuc de Literole, pico royo and los 2 hitos E&W.
I climbed this peak before with Pascalou in august 2002

DrJonnie

DrJonnie - Jun 18, 2008 7:46 am Date Climbed: Jun 5, 2008

Whiteout  Sucess!

Ken & I stayed at the Estos refugio and stashed our overnight gear at the abandoned military barracks down the valley from the refugio. The view was reasonably clear until we reached the Collado Ubaga then the clouds obscured our route. Luckily we found a trail of footprints to confirm our compass bearings and made our way up to the ridge of the east Hito. From there it was total whiteout and we had to carefully make our way along the corniced ridge to the Perdiguero summit where we found the cairn with it's souvenier prayer flag. After 6 weeks of continuous rain there was snow down to 2000 metres, so we were very tired by the time we got back to the valley.

kabernicola

kabernicola - Apr 17, 2007 6:14 pm

from estos valley  Sucess!

Climbed in summer 1985. Learnig mountanering

John Climber

John Climber - Feb 5, 2007 4:03 pm Date Climbed: Feb 4, 2007

Spring conditions in February  Sucess!

Simple solo winter walk to the top of Perdiguero. Therefore, due to the soft winter conditions this year it could not be considered a winter ascend. I only found snow from 2.700 mtrs and I had to wear crampons from 2.900 mtrs due to ice sections. There was almost no snow under 2.700 mtrs and from this height on there was about 30 cm.

With these conditions I avoided deep snow in the valley but I avoided the hard slopes and the final ridge of loose stones.

The sky was completely blue. Temperature about freezing point on the summit and almost no wind.

Amazing views of Posets and Aneto ranges.

Lobelia

Lobelia - Sep 2, 2004 4:27 pm

Route Climbed: Valle de Literola Date Climbed: 3 July 2004  Sucess!

Fué una larga y variada excursión, unas 12 horas en las que subimos varios tresmiles. Tuvimos que ponernos los crampones al bajar. Vi "nomeolvides"

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Jul 9, 2004 8:36 am

Route Climbed: Valle de Literola-ridge east-summit-ridge Literola-Crabioules Date Climbed: 3th july 2004  Sucess!

A very hard and long day with sun and great landcape. Wonderfull view of Posets, Aneto/Maladeta... We climb a lot of summits of 3000 meters: Hito este, Perdiguero, Hito oeste, Tuca de Literola, Pico Royo, Punta de Literola, Aguja de Literola and Crabioules oeste. After 9 hours of route finally don't climb the Crabioules este and descend to the valley to return. in the descent the snow remain and I've take the crampons in some ramp (complete excursion of more of 13 hours).

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Perdiguero / Perdiguère' main page