Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 9, 2016
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

Poo Poo Point

Be advised: parking can be a challenge. The trailhead only features a half-dozen or so parking spaces. Likewise for the street. We ended up parking in the Issaquah High parking lot and walking the short distance (less than a quarter mile) to the trailhead. Also: the trail to Poo Poo Point isn't a straight shot. You'll start on the high school trail and hook up with the actual Poo Poo Point Trail later -- after crossing a few intersections, ignoring unmarked side trials, etc. Best to bring trail directions/description with you if you've never visited before.

Okay, with that out of the way, this is a great hike! Although it begins in a suburban environment, complete with noise from the street and a nearby gun range, it eventually takes you somewhere scenic. The climbing is gradual but steady for the first half. Then you'll climb in earnest. Then the trail actually drops a bit and levels out during the final approach to Poo Poo Point. The view is impressive. Squak Mountain is staring straight at you, with Cougar Mountain just behind it. Also visible: the Olympics, downtown Bellevue, and the Sammamish Plateau. We were luck enough to see a paraglider doing her thing at the launch site. She never quite made it off the mountain (at least not while we were there), but she gave it a good effort.

Unnamed Image
Photo by Gibson Kite





Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Poo Poo PointTrip Reports