Puerto Alto

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.06810°N / 2.26258°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

It's the normal and almost the only route to summit.

Getting There

See the main page to reach Puerto Alto from CaƱada de la Cruz.

Route Description

Beginning of the routeBeginning
Mailbox of Alto del ObispoMailbox
Summit of Alto del ObispoAlto del Obispo
Summit of Revolcadores (1,999m)Revolcadores

You park in the small parking around the exit of a forest track in right side. Initially you walk across the track turning in a curve to left connecting with another track. You continue the wide way with a lot of attention to the point to leave the track. You see two big cairns of stones in right side that's the beginning of the path in the forest. The way is easy but steepy always following cairns wit attention. Near of the ridge the path goes to right walking under the summit to reach the shoulder at South of the summit. Turning to left you reach the summit of Alto del Obispo (2,014m) with a geodesic vertex and mailbox (box to send messages to other mountaineers that will climb the summit).

Note: in foggy days it's difficult to discover the path to summit and even you can reach the South summit also with a vertex, but it's Revolcadores (1,999m) and not the highest point if you don't see the mailbox. Both summits are very near at 500 meters.

Essential Gear

Boots. With rain or snow a pair of hiking poles are very useful.

External Links

Nothing for the moment.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.