Red Dot Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.96930°N / 75.1113°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class I(Rocky section could be Class II)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Follow Directions to the mountain. Start at the parking lot closest to I-80 West.

Route Description

Blaze- Red Dot on white background.
Lenght- 1.3 miles (one-way)

Start at the parking lot closest to 80W.
Steep going form the start.
At 0.4 miles their is a view of I-80, Mt. Minsi, and the rest of the Gap.
After the view point the trail gets flat for a short while.
Then the trail crosses a vertical rock band on the mountain.
TRAIL MAINTAINERS HAVE MADE A TRAIL THROUGH THE ROCKS. PLEAS STAY ON IT. DON'T MAKE SHORTCUTS.
Hiking poles are recommended for the steep rock section.
Past the rock band their is more steep climbing untill you reach the top of the ridge. View points are on your right.
To reach the summit take one of many heard paths to the top that are on your left.
At the end of the trail is the Blue Dot Trail which can return you to your car.

Essential Gear

Basic day hiking gear year-round.
Hiking poles reccomended for summer / madatory for winter.
Depending on type of winter (how much snow / ice recived ) crampons might be needed but probally not.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.