Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer

Ascended the south face route on 7/17/2016 with Robin Young, Laurel Viele, Jayson Phillips and Pete Metzmaker on a Glacier Mountaineering Society outing.  Weather was perfect.  No difficulties encountered.  I would suggest that if you follow distressbark's route you stay very low on the red scree shoulder on a pretty good game trail.  Follow this until you reach a section of the slope that has some vegetation for better footing.  Be cognizant that the scree ramp goes up to the very last notch you see below the summit.  The climbing above the notch is easy class three with minimal exposure.  I doubt that anyone that made it this high would require a rope.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
distressbark

distressbark - Dec 20, 2016 2:58 pm - Voted 10/10

thanks for contributing

Appreciate you adding the trip report to the Red Mountain page. Hope you had as nice of day as our group did when we climbed in July 2012.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Red MountainTrip Reports