Refuge du Portillon-South face

Refuge du Portillon-South face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.70540°N / 0.48314°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Luchon

The normal route fo Gourdon is across the col of Gourgs Blancs, the col South. The col is possible to reach from the East (Refuge du Portillon) or form the west (Refuge de la Soula).

Getting There

The lake of Portillon with...Refuge du Portillon

The access of trailhead in Granges d'Astau is in the main page of the peak. from Granges d'Astau (1100m) yo'll walk 4 hours to reach the Refuge du Portillon (2571m) the previous day. The approach is easy following the path across the Lac d'Oô, and the Refuge d'Espingo. The hardest part is the hard slope from Lac Saussat to reach the dam of Portillon but always in good path.

Route Description

We begin in Refuge du Portillon (2571m) walking to the dam in west side. The path is not evident but some cairns exist to indicate the route at south of Tusse de Montarcqué. The path don't exist among the great block of rock but the direction is evident to the Col under of the peak Seil dera Baquo. The col of Pluviometro (2880m) has a characteristic rain gauge (“pluviómetro”) in right side. We descent a few of meters to the south of Lac Glacé in an area with tow small lakes. We follow to West in direction to the Col de Gourgs Blancs (2.877m). A few of meters of the col we turn to righ (N.) to enter in the SE face near of the South ridge. The path goes to the bottom of the last climb with some easy big stones (F.) to the summit.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe on Winter and Spring (November to June).

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

GourdonRoutes