Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 47.47220°N / 121.58535°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 14, 2010
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Revolution Peak As a Side Trip

Summit panoramic view from Revolution Peak (5454 feet)


Thompson LakeView from Near Summit of Thompson Lake
Thompson Lake FallsWaterfall at outlet of Thompson Lake

After being encouraged to hike to Thompson Lake for the fishing by my brother. I decided that I'd like to hike up to the summit of one of the nearby peaks since fishing wouldn't be good until the evening anyway. I've already done Defiance and Bandera so those were less interesting but I found Revolution Peak.

So with map in hand, thanks to ericwillhite, I made my way up to the junction of Thompson Lake and the continuing 3 miles to the summit of Revolution. From there we split up and he went to the lake. On my way up the mountain I encountered 2 male deer. and a lot of steep slopes covered with underbrush. Navigating through all that I made my way to the summit and had a great view of all around including Thompson Lake and even noticed a waterfall (~70-80 feet) that spills out of Thompson Lake.

After making the summit I made my way down to the lake and found that my brother had caught a fish already. One more came later and that lake really does have some huge trout. First fish was about 13 inches second was more like 17. The next morning the hike out was pretty nice all downhill for 7 miles on the Granite Creek Road.


Cabin

South


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
EricChu

EricChu - Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

The area looks a bit similar to the one I wrote about in my latest page.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Revolution PeakTrip Reports