Right Side Topropes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.88000°N / 119.392°W
Additional Information Route Type: Rock Climbs
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.1 - 5.10a
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Park at the dirt pullout on the left just west of the Toulumne Meadows Gas Station. Use the trail to go around the meadow to the dome.

Head up the slab (class 3 friction) to the ledge about 100' up. Traverse over to 3 toprope anchors.

Route Description


Of the 3 topropes, the furthest one left (facing the cliff) is the easiest with 4 possible lines from 5.0 to 5.8.

The middle routes are 5.6 to the left, 5.10a in the middle and 5.9 in the water streak just right of the anchors. All cruxes are just above the polished bowl halfway up.

The right hand anchors are 5.1 to 5.10. The further right you go the harder it will be.

These routes are 100 - 110'. They cannot be toproped from the ground. You must belay from the anchors on the ledge. See pic.

Essential Gear


Long slings for setting up toprope. Rock Shoes.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
rl23455

rl23455 - Aug 13, 2009 5:11 pm - Hasn't voted

coordinates

more exact coordinates N 37.88033 W 119.39412, wgs84 (Potluck route) parking N 37.87926 W 119.39611 wgs84 according to Reid

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.