Rocky Mountain via Incline Trip

Rocky Mountain via Incline Trip

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 38.85980°N / 104.9579°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 10, 2005
Friday 10 June 05 To Summit: Started incline 0530, completed in approx 45 minutes. Took a break at top then continued to Rocky Mountain Summit(9250') in approx 20 more minutes. Elevation gain from top of incline to Rocky Mountain Summit was only about 700 feet. The trails are very narrow and seem to be rarely used. Trails climb rather gently until very near the top. Last few feet is mostly scrambling up rocks, amazing views although it was very cloudy and cool. Saw a mule deer on way to summit. Return Trip: Couldn't find the trail that we came up on. Switch backed our way down the mountain until we hit a very old overgrown road. Took that until we hit familiar trails. Took about 35 minutes to get back to the top of the incline. Ran back down the Barr Trail in 22 minutes (had to get to work). Very busy on the trail and uneventful.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Rocky MountainTrip Reports