Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 38.75400°N / 104.948°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 11, 2006
Activities Activities: Hiking
Mt Rosa (11,499 ft)
3/11/06

Class: 1
Distance: 5 miles
Gain: 1500
Route: Frosty Park

Fun drive down High Stage Rd to Gold Camp road to the 379 turn off. We made it to the creek crossing and it took us three tries but we got across but didn't make it much further. Got our packs on and headed up the road which didn't have much snow. The hike was rather easy with minimal snow and slope for a while. Once the snow started to increase the trail was hard to follow so we headed straight up the slope knowing we had to hit the ridge then follow that to the summit. We hit some large snow drifts that I broke through since I was only one of two people with boots. It didn't take long to hit the ridge which had a few drifts but was mostly blown clean. On the ridge we heard a helicopter and looked around. It took us a while to find it because it was below us. Must have been from Ft Carson doing some training. From here on out it was fairly easy, just follow the ridge push through a few snow drifts and a few spots where we had to do some scrambling. Some people were getting cold so we only stayed about 15 minutes and headed back down, following our own tracks. The trip down was quick and uneventful. A very cloudy day but a fun hike.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount RosaTrip Reports